Thursday 12 July 2012

pokemon

I've always been really, really impressed with the way that Pokemon has stayed so timeless.

I can still play it today and get a buzz from it, basically the exact buzz I got when I was naively happy with everything when I was saying goodbye to the nineties and getting my first gameboy colour and Pokemon Yellow, followed by Gold. Now, on Heartgold on the Nintendo DS the format has stayed almost exactly the same, and the amount that I'm impressed by it has wavered in no way whatsoever.

It's a nice game to play. Simple, fun, and offers an emotional bond that you simply don't find in most other games. The way that the modern game designers format their 'anything is possible' format is wonderful, and does literally allow anything to happen within the parameters of the game, games like Fable, and like Mass Effect (which, don't get me wrong, are excellent, but then again they did both take years to make). It doesn't seemingly need to be so complex though. We were happy with our anything could happen format within a few towns and an abundance of catchable Pokemon.

Most importantly, it takes me back to my childhood. I miss my childhood. Being twenty is fun but everything you could look forward to (I.E before the world of work swings round and bites you on the arse) has now been and gone, and I loved that time.

Now I have to get back to Azalea Town to fight Bugsy. Ciao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment